Sunday, December 4, 2011

Rockstar Status

My current addiction is Glee. Why am I always the last to know of these great things...first Sara Lee's Apple Crumble Pie and now Glee? I've finished season 1 and Im halfway through season 2, all in less than a week. 

I've always loved musicals. My sister and I would talk about how awesome it would be if on Christmas day we'd walk down the stairs and then break into song. In my mind I imagined us doing a dance number as well. All I can say is we never did randomly break into song and over the years my dream of becoming a singing and dancing fool faded into a faint memory. ...until Glee!

Now, every time something funny or amazing happens I want to break into a Michael Jackson, Britney, JLo, Beyonce number. I want to run in the rain, swing around a light pole (not stripper pole) and sing to an unsuspecting audience. And dont worry, Germans know American hip hop songs. Maybe they'll mistake me for Jennifer Hudson or Beyonce. 

I really do love this show and how it has reawakened my inner rockstar. Im singing in the mirror into a hairbrush, Im busting moves in the kitchen while making dinner, I cant stop myself. 

Here's my big question- why are these kids losers? i dont remember kids who could sing and dance being losers in my high school or in the schools where I taught. Those kids were on pedestals. Throw in the captain of the football team and the head cheerleader and you've got it. 

On another note- it's 1am here in Germany and Im exhausted. I have been working like crazy to finish up this "project" for my husband's Christmas gift. I'd tell you, but like a great husband, he faithfully reads my blog. This "project" has put my book on hold, but only momentarily. I'll post chapter 4 by Monday!

Goodnight everyone! as I sing "When I see your face, there's not a thing that I would change. 'Cause you're amazing, just the way you" to my husband as he sleeps next to me! 

1 comment:

Please share the inner workings of your mind...BWAHAHAHA!