Tuesday, November 22, 2011

i found the one... sorry hubby, it aint you!

After years of searching for the perfect soulmate, I finally found the one. Unfortunately, it isn't my husband. It would have been nice to have been him. Probably would have saved me a lot of time and heartache, but that's just not the way this cookie crumbled...literally!

I found the perfect chocolate chip cookie recipe. I tried the one I posted last and it was good, but the cookies just didn't stay soft enough for me after they had cooled and they were still a little too floury for my liking. I combed over several recipes and chose several items from each that I knew would make a better cookie... and it did! I CANT STOP EATING THEM. I just FIVE (5) cookies and I'm afraid I'll eat more tonight when my husband gets home. They melt in my mouth and are perfect! Just imagine me marching in a circle in my kitchen tooting my own horn because I am.

I'm also happy because I made chili for the first time this weekend. My hubby loves chili and I thought it would be nice to make him a pot. That also came out deliciously spicy, just the way he likes it. He has been eating it everyday since and keeps on telling me how good it is. So, I'm quite pleased with myself.

We are spending Thanksgiving with two other families stationed here in Germany. Each family is to bring one meat, one dessert, and three sides. I'm going to make all new recipes and if my lucky streak continues they will be a hit! Once I've actually made them I will share my recipes. I've chosen spicy honey dipped fried chicken as our meat. The dessert is of course our favorite Sara Lee Cinnamon Crumble Pie...yea I know it's not a new recipe, but definitely a must. The sides will be cheesy rice & veggie bake, spinach & artichoke casserole, and potato cakes with chives and sour cream. Wish me luck :)

Didn't you say chocolate? Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe

  • 1 cup (2 sticks) salted butter, softened
  • 3/4 cup white granulated sugar
  •  1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup packed dark brown sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 tsp. vanilla extract
  • 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
  • 3/4 tsp. smallish-medium coarse sea salt
  • 1 tsp. baking soda
  •  1/2 bag semi-sweet chocolate chips & 1 1/2 bag of milk chocolate chips
1. preheat oven to 350
2. combine flour, sea salt and baking soda into a bowl and set aside
2. cream the butter and all sugar together for at least 3 minutes. 
2. add both eggs and the vanilla to the creamy mixture and blend for another 2 minutes (i didn't cream for the appropriate time before and it makes a difference. i use my food processor with the knife blade attachment)
3. mix in 1/4 of the flour mixture to the creamy mixture by hand (continue doing this until all of the flour mixture has been added) 
4. add in the chocolate chips...yes I use 2 full bags of chips!
5. I use a cookie sheet lined with foil and sprayed with nonstick baking spray
6. drop tablespoon sized globs of cookie dough onto your cookie sheet and bake
7. remove the cookies once they are golden brown around the edges. they wont look done in the middle but they will harden once they are cooled. 

*Here are pics of how they look right out of the oven and once they have cooled!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share the inner workings of your mind...BWAHAHAHA!