Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Nuts & Rides

Get your minds out of the gutter! hahahaha... yes, nuts and rides is my title and I like it. I finally chose to make some banana nut bread and oh my was it amazing. So good, in fact, I have another loaf in my machine now. It came out perfect- not too sweet and not too dry. My family can vouch that my new found respect for bananas is very recent. I still dont like them in smoothies. It gives a bad taste... but I will eat them plain and in bread. Thank goodness I have a mom who not only cooks everything from scratch, but who can discuss anything with me. I dont mean she is open (which she is), but I mean she has a broad wealth of knowledge. And if she doesn't know she will flat out tell you- I dont know about that. She recommended I try the Bisquick recipe for banana nut bread. I was a little skeptical at first, but decided it was easiest. Finally discovered the Bisquick at the commissary and made my way home to translate more badly translated English instructions that came with my German bread machine. The recommendation is that I use the "sweet bread" setting, but I decided to just use the machine as an oven and use the "bake" setting. It turned out wonderfully. I used the exact ingredients it lists. I blended up everything except the Bisquick and the nuts. I add these at the end and just stir with a spoon and bake in my bread machine for 1 hour.

We also took a quick visit to our town's carnival. Bright lights, great food, and rides... who can ask for anything more? It was a tad nippy out, but we bundled up and kept truckin'! The girls were all smiles and in awe of the lights and people. I'm sure this time next year they will be screaming with either glee or absolute fear as they ride the merry go round.

On a completely different note, I'm going to return to my vegetarianism. I still ate fish, but it seemed to help me keep the weight off and make better meal choices. I'll still cook some meat for the family, but it wont hurt any of them to eat what I eat most times. I have a great husband who supports me in my healthy hair and eating choices. If you see me trying to kiss him in public after we've eaten it may be me trying to lick the BBQ sauce off his lips because I've gone into chicken withdrawal... Im just warning you! Have a great rest of the week!

 


1 1/3
cups mashed very ripe bananas (2 large)
2/3
cup sugar
1/4
cup milk
3
tablespoons vegetable oil
1/2
teaspoon vanilla
3
eggs
2 2/3
cups Original Bisquick® mix
1/2
cup chopped nuts


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share the inner workings of your mind...BWAHAHAHA!