Sunday, August 7, 2011

all up in the kitchen in my heels, dinner time

Okay, I'm as much of a Beyonce fanatic as the next. I adored her in Destiny's Child, followed her love life with Jay-Z and during every drive I imagine myself singing each of her songs live to millions of people. I may have traded my convertible in for a mini-van and added a few roadies, but my live concert performances are always sold out and have now gone international!

Every now and again one of my favorite artists will hit me with some lyrics I just keep envisioning as ridiculous. Beyonce's new album "4" is pure awesomeness, but that one line kills me every time, "All up in the kitchen in my heels, dinner time." Who cooks in the kitchen in heels? I can barely juggle the plates, balance the oven door with my foot and prop a baby barefoot, let alone with heels on. And I love a good pair of heels!

You should already know where I'm going with this. I started wondering... am I a lousy wife? Should I be cooking in heels with makeup on every evening? Is my husband's dinner less satisfying when I wear house shoes? We must test this theory!

During our visit to the grocery store today we couldn't decide between McCormick's Hickory BBQ Buffalo Wings seasoning or the Brown Sugar Bourbon. A quick rock/paper/scissors challenge later and we had the Hickory package in hand. Other couples snickered at our approach to decision making. When you have twin newborns and no patience or time to argue over the little things, rock/paper/scissors just makes so much sense.

I didn't take pictures of every step of this "recipe" since all you do is shake some chicken wings and this seasoning together in a zip lock bag and bake. I used my nifty NuWave Oven since I hadn't completely thawed my wings. Shake shake shake, shake shake shake, shake yo' chicken (yea) shake yo' chicken. Ok, sorry, just had a moment. Here is the chicken in the NuWave Oven which is 110v so I have to plug it into a converter first. Then a shot of it on my plate.

Where am I going with all of this? How does Beyonce and BBQ tie together? Well, I wanted to see if my heels would make a difference. So, I found my most glamourous pair and viola instant taste bud overdrive. My husband bit into one wing and almost had a seizure. He stood up and proclaimed his love for me. I couldn't believe what was happening. Next he not only cleared the table, but he washed the dishes and gave the twins their baths. After that he massaged my feet and swept/mopped the entire house! Right... you know damn well heels in the kitchen are ridiculous and they don't add to your cooking genius. I'm sorry to disappoint so many of you. If that's a love so strong it makes you do crazy things like smoke crack or wear heels in the kitchen (synonymous acts), then I'm passing! I love my husband and would do anything for him, but I'm a realist and so is he. He knows if he comes home at dinner time and I'm wearing heels that means we are going OUT!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share the inner workings of your mind...BWAHAHAHA!