Monday, August 29, 2011

farewell feast to fat

Today marks day 2 in my Dr Ian Smith's Fat Smash diet. I've done this diet before. It is actually what helped me to drop 60lbs a little over a year before I became pregnant. Yes, 60lbs. That's the equivalent of a small child, a large dog, an old giant box television. Just darn ridiculous. There was no need for me to be lugging around 60lbs of anything, let alone fat.

So, a very good friend of mine told me about this diet and he raved on and on about his weight loss success. I was skeptical, but what did I have to lose? Other than the 60lbs? ha! I jumped right into the regimen and it worked. It's a lifestyle change to your eating habits. The first phase lasts 9 days and is a detox. Pretty much you are restricted to fruits and veggies. There is a list of other items you may eat during this time and a short list of foods to stay away from. Simply put, you are not eating fast food, fried anything, caffeine, alcohol, white potatoes, meat, bread, white rice, avocados, or raisins. You may 4 eat egg whites, fruits, veggies, 1 glass of fresh squeezed juice, 1 glass of low fat milk, veggie burger pattie, and a few other items. I like this phase because it really helps you jump start the weight loss. There are 4 phases total and each phase adds in more of the restricted foods into your diet. The goal is to learn how to eat the appropriate amounts and types of foods and balance it with a workout routine. Oh please dont worry- you can still eat junk sometimes... all in moderation.

Anyway, I digress. I'm on the detox phase now. It has only been two days, but I feel like a fat cow. WHAT WAS I THINKING? I want a double cheeseburger with curly fries dipped in ranch and washed down with a large chocolate shake. Along with some f-ing delicious chicken and all the bread I can stuff into my mouth with both hands. I will not lie to you- this is serious business. I know by the end of day 5 or so I can normally handle the detox, but right now every moment I'm awake I think about food. I imagine there is a party happening right now in my refrigerator. The butter and bread are smooching in the corner... butter being spread all over the bread slices. Chicken wings are willingly flouring themselves and jumping into hot oil because they know they wont be eaten. Gallons of ice cream are having a blast melting on the counter and hopping back into the freezer to refreeze themselves. I can hear popcorn popping and drowning in butter and salts. The fruit and veggies all shake their heads, but really they wish they could join in the festivities. They know their fate. Lifespans of fruits and veggies are real short around here these days.

I knew that I was going to start the 9 DAYS OF HELL and I wanted to give my fat a proper farewell. I chose something not too unhealthy, but definitely delicious. We enjoyed chicken marsala on Saturday along with a nice big breakfast at another one of our favorite spots.

I'll add the recipe and directions very soon, but for now here's a picture of the final outcome.
Just looking at this plate makes me want to go in there and lick the dishes in the dishwasher from my husband's lunch container. Dont judge me.

I know that in the end I will be happier than I am now. It will all be worth it. The journey there is what sucks. I'd like to wake up with a hot body. I better be careful what I wish for. I'll wake up tomorrow sweating! Yeah come on God...not that type of hot. My goal is to lose the remaining 30lbs from the dynamic duo by Christmas. I think that's completely doable. Jumped on my spin bike today too! Im definitely headed in the right direction.
I cant wait to post after shots of my sexy body... um you dont need any current shots bwhahhaha!

Until next time :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share the inner workings of your mind...BWAHAHAHA!